top of page
FOOD SAFETY and COVID- 19
"Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19" -FDA
Despite the above statement made by the FDA, at our farm we are taking this viral pandemic very seriously. We are bolstering our sanitary practices in how we harvest, wash and pack our produce to ensure that it is safe to eat.
Here is what we are doing:
1. All employees wash hands thoroughly upon arrival to work, after breaks or a change in food handling tasks.
2. Our harvest crew wears droplet masks and disposable gloves when handling food during harvest, wash and pack.
3. We require any member of our crew to stay home if feeling ill.
4. We use Organically approved sanitizers (hydrogen peroxide based) to disinfect all surfaces our food comes in contact with as well as in our wash water.
5. We clean and sanitize all containers for delivery of produce.
6. We have sanitizer bottles stationed throughout the farm for any instance our employees see a potential contamination point.
7. We will stay informed and make any necessary changes to ensure your food safety.
bottom of page